Saturday, November 8, 2014

How can I be scared of a month?

I think I’m scared of NaNoWriMo. I tried it once, and things didn’t work out. This year I had an idea for a novel in October, and that just seemed too obvious. So this year I am trying NaNoWriMo again.

Unfortunately, I don’t write. 

Okay, obviously I write. Somehow I earned a degree in humanities, and somehow my thoughts are written on this blog. I just mean that I don’t write much… in the face of 50,000 words, it seems like I don’t write at all.

Since I have only opened my novel twice during the first week, I will need to write 2300 words per day in order to reach word count. I'm scared that I want make it, and that makes me less excited to write daily. Wish me luck!



P.S. My novel is called Dumblecrantz and Grindelstern… I feel disproportionately existential and clever whenever I say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment